Your A to Z of Complementary Health & Healing


Vitamins and Minerals



Why is it important to have enough Calcium in our diets?

Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and has been well recognized for its ability to keep bones healthy and strong. 99% of calcium is found in the bones and teeth, and the other 1% is found in the...   More


What are Antioxidants and why should we take them?

The word on the streets is that we should be supplementing our systems with antioxidants. Most of us know that they eliminate free radicals, but it may be useful to understand how they act to clear out these...   More


The benefits of vitamin E in your diet

Vitamin E is an umbrella term for a group of compounds called tocopherols and tocotrienols and is found in sunflower seeds, sunflower oil, almonds, mayonnaise, raw peanuts, peanut butter, blackberries, oats,...   More


Vitamin D – The Sunshine Vitamin

Vitamin D is produced in the body by the action of sunlight on the skin. There are two types of vitamin D, vitamin D2 and vitamin D3 and it is vitamin D3 which is made by the action of sunlight. It is the...   More


The link between Vitamin C and weight loss and why it’s so important to your diet?

In the eighteenth century, sailors found that they could prevent scurvy (a debilitating disease that often developed during long voyages when fresh fruits and vegetables were scarce) by sucking on limes...   More


Vitamin B12 and your health

Vitamin B12 is known as the feel good vitamin because of its role in the healthy functioning of the nervous system. It was discovered in the 1940’s that vitamin B12 prevents pernicious anemia, a type of...   More


Protecting your body against attack with Vitamin A

Vitamin A is best known for its ability to promote and maintain healthy eyesight, but has also become famous as an anti-infective vitamin because it helps to build the immune system and protect the membranes...   More


When do you know that your body is running short of Vitamins and Minerals?

The body is a great barometer and by listening to its messages, we can glean a lot about our general health and wellbeing. Pain, sluggishness or a feeling of imbalance may be a sign that the body is need of...   More


Taking your daily Vitamins for perfect health

The stress and tension of daily living, combined with a diet that consists mainly of convenience foods has led to a number of poor health conditions in our society. More and more people are finding...   More

Please stop by again. Thank you for your interest!